It’s been a big month for celebrating entrepreneurs. On November 1, President Obama issued a proclamation declaring November National Entrepreneurship Month.
November 18-22 was the sixth annual Global Entrepreneurship Week, the world’s largest celebration of the innovators and job creators who launch startups that bring ideas to life, drive economic growth, and expand human welfare.
And today, November 22, is National Entrepreneur’s Day. (Go ahead and hug an entrepreneur today)
But at Free Enterprise, we celebrate entrepreneurs every day. We’re constantly inspired by these self-starters and innovators, particularly the startups we’ve been profiling as part of our coverage of the Challenge Cup, a global competition to find the next great startup.
So far, the Challenge Cup has held competitions in Washington D.C., Chicago, Moscow, Berlin, and London. Here’s some of our highlights:
- Stars, Stripes and Startups: Inside D.C. Incubator 1776
- Inside the Gladiator Arena: The DC Challenge Cup Pitch Competition
- Some Guts, Lots of Glory: Health Care Startups Pitch Their Goods in Chicago
- International Experiences Inspire WeStudyIn Cofounder Sasha Olenina
- Berlin’s Winners Bring Some Tough Competitors to the Challenge Cup
Free Enterprise will be back on the road with Washington, D.C. incubator, 1776 and the Challenge Cup in Los Angeles, December 3-4, New York, December 10-11 and Boston, December 17-18. For more information on attending those events, go to http://challengecup.1776dc.com/