Water is Your Business Initiative Launches Website with New Resources for Businesses and Local Elected Officials
Subscribe today for Free Enterprise Updates
- Latest business trends and best practices
- News about legislation and regulation impacting business
- Business how-to articles from industry experts
- Commentary and interviews with newsmakers in business and politics
The Water is Your Business initiative, a joint effort of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Let's Rebuild America initiative and the National Association of Water Companies, launched a new website and social networking tools this week. The website, www.WaterIsYourBusiness.org, serves is a virtual tool kit to educate public leaders, local businesses, and citizens about the importance of water infrastructure to public and environmental health, and the economic vitality of their communities.
- On average 650 water main breaks per day cost $2.6 billion in lost water per year (Source: ITT Value of Water Survey).
- 63% of American voters and 57% of businesses are willing to pay a little more each month to upgrade our water system. (Source: ITT Value of Water Survey).
- $1 billion in water infrastructure investment can support 28,500 jobs (Source: U.S. Conference of Mayors, Associated General Contractors of America)
Water is Your Business, which launched in July, is a nationwide effort to create and sustain a dialogue between business leaders, consumers, community leaders and water providers about local, regional and national water management issues. Events in Miami; Irving, Texas and Cambridge, Mass. have raised awareness of the significant economic and ecological impacts of water provision, use and disposal on businesses everywhere.
To learn more about Water Is Your Business, including upcoming events, and to volunteer your organization to co-host an event in your community visit: www.WaterIsYourBusiness.org. Be sure to follow @Waterisyourbiz on Twitter, and on Facebook.