Lies & Damned Lies
Subscribe today for Free Enterprise Updates
- Latest business trends and best practices
- News about legislation and regulation impacting business
- Business how-to articles from industry experts
- Commentary and interviews with newsmakers in business and politics
Regarding the latest whopper about the Chamber that is making the rounds - started by John Podesta's Center for American Progress and carelessly repeated by others - these accusations are completely erroneous. Make no mistake, this is a partisan effort to attack and silence the voice of business and free enterprise. But a few facts are worth remembering:
- AmChams are independent organizations that do not fund political programs in the United States.
- We have a system in place for ensuring that they are not government-controlled entities.
- The Chamber is proud to have global companies among our vast membership of large and small members.
- We're careful to ensure that we comply with all applicable laws.
- No foreign money is used to fund political activities. All allegations to the contrary are totally and completely false.
Let's hope this clears it up. This is the political season after all when facts are sacrificed to political expediency. We just hope that cooler heads will prevail and that responsible journalists and bloggers will stop to get the facts before joining in a feeding frenzy based on fiction.