Poll: Most Ridiculous Lawsuit of 2009
Subscribe today for Free Enterprise Updates
- Latest business trends and best practices
- News about legislation and regulation impacting business
- Business how-to articles from industry experts
- Commentary and interviews with newsmakers in business and politics
Dec 17, 2009
2009 saw some pretty crazy lawsuits and it is hard to pick just one, below are the monthly winners of our Most Ridiculous Lawsuit of the Month polls. Jump over to FacesOfLawsuitAbuse.org to read the stories and get your vote on.
- Woman crashes on curve, sues county claiming 10mph speed limit was inadequate warning
- Customer sues restaurant chain after toilet paper rolls from “unreasonably dangerous toilet paper dispenser” fall onto his hand
- Illegal immigrants sue rancher who stopped them on his property at gunpoint and turned them over to the Border Patrol
- Tourist sues New York club after she slipped while dancing on top of the bar
- Woman microwaves hair removal wax, spills it on herself, and sues manufacturer for "placing such dangerous products into the stream of commerce"
- Inmate sues to avoid being named world's most litigious person
- Double-murderer sues to claim his victims' classic Chevy pickup
- Tourist sues hotel, claiming swimming pool got daughter pregnant
- Dolphins splash, woman sues
- Wife kills husband, sues for his pension's survivor benefits
- Neighbor sues woman for smoking in her own home
- Holocaust denier sues Auschwitz survivor, alleging memoir contains "fantastical tales"